Spaghetti Bolognese is one of the most classic dishes which originated in the region of Emilia Romagna. It is made up of bold veal and pork mince sauce which simmers for hours in sweet tomato paste and best served with egg pasta cooked al dente. It really is, the taste of Italy. Simply YUM.
Thw original Bolognese recipe was officially registered in 1982. Over the years people of Bologna have changed the classic recipe adding their own twist. This is my version of it inspired by my recent holiday in Bologna. #bolognese #spaghetti #spaghettibolognese
Here is the original recipe from 1982:
Share it with your best friends on FACEBOOK:
Get the recipe:
Check out my website for full #recipes and to follow my blog:
Subscribe to my #YouTube channel!
Follow me on:
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution”
Spaghetti Bolognese – How to make a real Bolognese Sauce
Celery stick (with leaves)
100g flat pancetta
Double concentrate tomato paste
300g pork mince
300g veal mince (or beef)
500ml beef stock
200ml red wine
Salt & Pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
3 x pinches of rock salt
1 x large deep pan
1 x wooden spoon
1 x pasta strainer
1 x 5L pot
A set of tongs
1. Break off the celery leaves and put them aside.
2. In preparation for the spaghetti Bolognese, cut up the carrot, celery, onion and pancetta and mix it together in the food processer.
3. Put the saucepan on the stove at a medium heat and add some extra virgin olive oil.
4. Add the mixture that you just made from the food processor and stir well. Cook this for 5 minutes until it becomes nice and golden.
5. Add in both types of mince and stir well. Break the mince down using a wooden spoon and blend it in well with the other ingredients.
6. Add salt, pepper and oregano and mix it through as well.
7. When 80% of the mince has turned brown, add 200ml the red wine and cook it until it evaporates.
8. Chop up the basil and celery leaves and add it to the Spaghetti Bolognese sauce. Mix it through…and take time to smell the beautiful aroma..
9. Add 3 tablespoons of tomato paste into the mix and stir it well.
10. After around 5 minutes you will see that the paste has made a liquid. At this point at the beef stock.
11. Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook the Spaghetti Bolognese for 3 hours.
Continue reading the recipe on my website:
Camera Operator: Bill Z Way
Production Company: Fame Park Studios
Music “Oktogon” and “Platos178 ok” are composed and performed by Walter Gaeta
🎬 #VincenzosPlate is a YouTube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one #videorecipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional #chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering #ItalianFoodRecipes right out of your very own kitchen, whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).
#spaghettibolognese #spagbol #italianrecipes #bolognesesauce #bolognese #howtomakespaghettibolognaise #bestspaghettibolognese #spaghettibolognaise #ragu #italiansauce #pastasauce #recipe #bestcooking #bestbolognese
Re-Watch the SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE video recipe: