Click the link below if you want to donate to PBJ!
Follow Me On Social Media
Collard Greens Recipe
3 Smoked Ham Hocks or Smoked Turkey Tails
3-4 Lbs Collard Greens
1 Medium Onion, chopped
1/2 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
10 Collard Green Stems, chopped
1/2 Cup Margarine or Butter
4 Tbs Vegetable Oil
3 Qts Water
3 Qts Chicken Broth
1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Hotsauce
2 Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
4 Tbs Sugar
2 Tbs Salt
2 Tbs Garlic Powder
2 Tbs Onion Powder
1 Tbs Seasoning Salt
1 Tbs Black Pepper
1 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1. Rinse hocks or tails with water.
2. Place a pot over medium heat. Add meat and water, then cover with a lid leaving a crack on the sides. Cook for 3 hrs.
3. Add 1 tbs salt, 3 tbs apple cider vinegar, and water to a big bowl.
4. Remove stems from collard greens. Chop collard greens, then place in bowl of salt water vinegar solution.
5. Chop your peppers, onions, and collard stems into small pieces.
6. Once meat is done cooking, drain water then rinse well.
7. Chop meat into small pieces.
8. Place pot over high heat.
9. Add oil.
10. Rinse collard greens and drain dirty water.
11. Add vegetables.
12. Add collard greens, then stir until collard greens wilt. Stir for about 4-5 minutes.
13. Reduce heat to medium-low heat.
14. Add meat.
15. Add margarine or butter, broth, and vinegar.
16. Add bouillon cubes and seasoning, then stir in well.
17. Cover with a lid leaving a crack on the sides.
18. Cook for about 2-1/2 to 3 hours.