This Homemade Italian Sandwich (Panini) takes some of the most delicious ingredients you will find at your local delicatessen, and packs them into a freshly baked focaccia roll. Watch me enjoy this simple favourite, right under the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Share this video on FACEBOOK:
Get the recipe
Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Follow me on:
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution”
INGREDIENTS for 1 person:
1 x fresh focaccia roll (or pick your favourite type of bread, just make sure its fresh out of the oven!)
100g freshly sliced Prosciutto di Parma (or San Daniele)
A tablespoon of marinated mushrooms
2 x slices of grilled eggplant (Click here for my recipe to make these fresh, or you can buy them from the deli)
3-4 slices of fontina cheese
Extra virgin olive oil
1 x knife
Paper towels for excess oil
1. Cut the focaccia into smaller pieces and then slice each of them in half..ready to be filled!
2. Slice the pieces of cheese into smaller pieces so you can line them up inside the yummy panino!
3. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over each side of the bread and then squash the pieces together so help the oil absorb into the soft dough
4. Open up the bread again with the inside facing up
5. Layer the 2 x slices of eggplant on the bottom half
6. Add at least 2 x slices of prosciutto on top
7. Get a spoonful of marinated mushrooms and put them on the paper towel to get rid of the excess oil, then add them on top
8. Place as many pieces of cheese as you wish on top, to cover up the rest of the ingredients
9. Put the other slice of bread on top, and squash it down so that the panino and all its yummy insiides start to stick together.
HOW TO SERVE:
1. You can wrap this up nice and tight using foil and pack it up for a picnic, or serve portions of it on a chopping board as an antipasto
2. I like to eat it just like this!! It reminds me of when I was little and my Nonna would always have delicious fresh panini waiting for me when I would arrive home from school…I have to say, no one makes them like Nonna….even if they have the same ingredients!!!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank this amazing team of creative professionals. They have been a part of this project from the beginning and have always supported Vincenzo’s Plate and the journey to bring the Taste of Italy into homes all around the world.
Production company: Fame Park Studios
Editor: Bill Way
Brand Manager: Suzanne Prosperi
Animation: Daniele Pignoli
Photographer: Bill Way
Web Designer: Stephanie Nasca
Music “Oktogon” and “Platos178 ok” are composed and performed by Walter Gaeta
Maria and Frank Calla
Mireille Salloum – Street fresh digital media
#Vincenzo Plate is a You Tube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one #videorecipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional #chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering #ItalianFoodRecipes right out of your very own kitchen, whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).
#italianpanino #nationalsandwichday #sandwich #italiansandwich #panini #bestitaliansandwich #sandwiches #sandwiches
Watch the video recipe: