In this one-pot wonder we combine the wonderful meaty flavours of the humble shitake mushroom with soft juicy chicken thigh to bring a meal that takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. The use of Lee Kum Kee soy sauces lifts the dish and brings out the magical umami flavours of both the meaty mushrooms and chicken.
Let us know in the comments what recipes you’d like to see next!
8 dried shitake mushrooms
280g jasmine rice
400g chicken thighs, sliced into strips
2 tsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp cornflour
1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
Chicken stock cube
Lee Kum Kee Sweet Soy Sauce
2 tsp Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic Sauce
Spring onions, chopped
1. Add the dried mushrooms to a small bowl and cover the mushrooms with hot water. Soak until soft.
2. Rinse the jasmine rice with cold water 2-3 times, then drain.
3. In a separate bowl, add the sesame oil, light soy sauce, Shaoxing rice wine, sugar and cornflour, and mix well. Add the mushrooms and give it a final store.
4. Heat the oil in a clay pot or casserole dish (with a lid) and stir fry the ginger for 30s. Add the rice and stir-fry for a minute to coat the grains in the oil.
5. Add 340ml of water or stock. Then bring up to the boil. Add the chicken and mushroom mixture, then simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with a good dash of the sweet soy sauce and the chilli garlic sauce, then sprinkle with some spring onion.