There are so many reasons why we love Picadillo. The recipe is so versatile, and you can eat it several different ways. My favorite is with Mexican rice, but you can have it in a Taco, a tasty Gordita or on Tostadas! The options really are endless. Feel free to add whatever veggies you wish! This is a crockpot recipe, but you can cook this exact same recipe over the stove, just cook until all your veggies are tender.
Follow us on Instagram for more easy Traditional Mexican Recipes:
-1/2 TSP Oil of choice
-1/4 Cup of Diced Onion
-1 LB Ground Beef
-1 Pinch of Salt
-1 Cup of Diced Potatoes
-1 Cup of Diced Carrots
-1/2 Cup of Frozen Green Beans
-1/2 Cup of Canned Diced Tomato
-1/2 TSP of Ground Cumin
-1/2 TSP of Minced Garlic
-1 Pinch of Salt
-Water to cover
-1 Cube of Knorr Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor – or 2 TSP of Granulated Knorr Tomato Bouillon
-4 Serrano Peppers Whole
-Knorr Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon To Taste – About 1/2 TBSP
1. Heat Oil in a medium sized pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until lightly browned.
2. Add Ground Beef and a pinch of salt. Cook Ground Beef until browned. Drain any excess grease.
3. Transfer ground beef to a Crock-Pot and Add Diced Potatoes, Diced Carrots, Frozen Green Beans, Diced Tomatoes, Ground Cumin, Minced Garlic, and a Pinch of Salt.
4. Add water, just enough to cover your ingredients.
5. Dissolve your Tomato Bouillon in ½ Cup of Hot Water (or just add 2 Tsp of Granulated Tomato Bouillon). Add to Crock-Pot
6. Add Serrano Peppers
7. Cover and Cook on High for 4-6 hours or until all your veggies are tender.
8. Add Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon to taste, about ½ TBSP. Cover and cook for 15 mins. All Done!