This traditional, classic basil pesto pasta is one of the easiest pasta dishes you can make. To make this delicious recipe you need only 20-25 minutes and you can serve amazing pasta dish.
Full printable version:
More Pasta Recipes:
4 Easy Spaghetti Recipes:
Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells:
Creamy Mushroom Pasta:
Shrimp Scampi with Pasta:
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo:
My favorite kitchen equipment:
300g (10.5oz) Pasta of your choice
2 cups (40-45g) Basil leaves
1/4 cup (35g) Pine nuts
1/2 cup (40g) Parmesan cheese
1 clove Garlic, crushed
1/2 cup (120ml) Extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1. Bake the pesto sauce: toast the pine nuts for a few minutes over low heat until light brown. Immediately remove and let cool slightly.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Process until finely chopped, while processing, gradually pour olive oil and keep processing until smooth. Check the seasoning and add more salt if needed. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
3. Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot with water to a boil. Add salt. Add pasta and cook to al dente according to package directions. Drain when ready (Just before draining, reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water).
4. Transfer the pasta to the sauce, add 1/4 cup of the cooking water, toss the pasta to coat, adding more water if needed until getting smooth consistency.
5. Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with few basil leaves and freshly grated parmesan.
• Instead of pine nuts you can use walnuts, cashew, almond or other nuts.
• If you don’t like garlic, you can omit it from the pesto sauce.
• You can use any kind of pasta that you like.
• You also can add to the pesto sauce some lemon zest and lemon juice.
• In this recipe I used casarecce pasta, but you can use any type of pasta.