This recipe is sponsored by Hurst’s® HamBeens® Slow Cooker Chili, but all opinions are mine alone. You can find more about their Slow Cooker Chili Mix and where to buy here: Hurst’s® HamBeens® is most widely know for their 15 bean soup mixes. Their bean mixes do well in the slow cooker as you can see in this video. Stay tuned over the next few months, I have 3 more recipes coming with Hurst’s® HamBeens® and you can try them out with me.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CHILI
15.5 oz. pkg. Hurst’s® HamBeens® Slow Cooker Chili
1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 sweet yellow onion, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
7 cups water
14.5 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
6 oz. can tomato paste
1/8 cup chopped cilantro
Salt to taste (I recommend ½ to 1 teaspoon)
SLOW COOKER SIZE: I recommend a 6-quart for this recipe
1. Rinse and sort through the dry beans, sort out any debris and discard. Add the rinsed beans to the slow cooker.
2. Add the chicken breasts, onion, bell pepper, garlic and water. Add half of the chili seasoning packet (included in the bean package). Do not add tomato ingredients, salt or cilantro yet.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
4. Shred the chicken with two forks, you can shred them right in the slow cooker.
5. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste and remaining chili seasonings stir until combined.
6. Cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes on LOW heat.
7. Add salt to taste and stir in the cilantro. Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
PIN FOR LATER:
FOLLOW ME HERE: