Veg Sizzler is a dish we all love to gorge on. This complete meal, consisting of rice/noodles, crunchy stir fried veggies, french fries and the sizzling BBQ sauce is surely enticing to all. A Sizzler, though having a lot of components, is usually a mildly flavored dish, the star definitely is the sizzling sauce on the top. So, here you go, vegetable sizzler right from scratch just for you!! Do let me know if you’d like to see more veg sizzler recipes 🙂
Subscribe to #seesomethingnew:
Business Emails – email@example.com
My recommendation for Sizzler Plate:
1. Aloo Tikki
Boiled Potatoes – 3 nos. medium
Salt – as per taste
Pepper – ¼ tsp
Chat Masala – ½ tsp
Grated Veggies – ¼ cup (mix of French beans, carrots and beetroot)
Bread Crumbs – to coat the tikka
Oil – to shallow fry
2. For Rice
Boiled rice – 1 cup
Oil – 1 tsp
Chopped Coriander – 1 tbsp
Corn – 2 tbsp
Salt & pepper – as per taste
3. For Veggies
Boiled Veggies – 1 cup (mix of broccoli, carrots, French beans and babycorn)
Baby Onions/Shallots – 1/3 cup
Garlic – 1 tsp
Oil – ½ tsp
Salt & Pepper – as per taste
4. For Sauce
Garlic – ½ tsp chopped & ¼ tsp paste
BBQ Sauce – ½ cup
Ketchup – 1 tbsp
5. French Fries / Tandoori Aloo – as a starter
6. For assembling
Cabbage- thickly shredded
Butter – as required
Water – as required
Coriander – for garnish
• In a plate/bowl, add the boiled potatoes, followed by salt, pepper, chat masala and grated veggies.Mix all the ingredients really well.
• Divide the aloo mixture into 2 portions and coat the tikka with the bread crumbs. Keep it aside until other preparations are ready.
• In a hot wok/pan, add ½ of oil and 1 tsp of garlic followed by onions. Add the boiled veggies and season it with salt and pepper. Take it out in a bowl and the veggies are ready for sizzler.
• In the same pan, add 1 tsp of oil and let it heat. Add the chopped coriander and corn. Let it cook for a minute or so and add the boiled rice and season it well with salt and pepper.
• For making the sauce, take ½ cup of BBQ sauce and about 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup. Add ½ tsp of chopped garlic and ¼ tsp of garlic paste. Mix everything well and sauce for sizzler is ready.
• Now, cook the aloo tikkis in a pan. Add about a tsp of oil for each side to brown.
• As a starter, fry French fries in hot oil and take them out once ready.
• To assemble a sizzler, place the shredded cabbage onto the plate. Add the rice on one side and veggies on the other. Followed by the prepared tikka on top and fries on the sides and top the tikki with some sauce on top. Drizzle the sauce all over the sizzler little by little and add a little of chopped coriander as well. Place some butter on all sides of the sizzler.
• Just before serving, drizzle a little water on the sizzler to ensure a smoke comes out and serve hot!!
BBQ Sauce Recipe:
In a saucepan, add in all of these ingredients and get to a boil, after that cook for 4-5 mins.
1 tbsp chili powder
2/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons jaggery
2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
5-6 cloves of minced Garlic
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 lemon sized tamarind
Garlic Chili Butter : 1 tsp butter melted, mixed with 2 cloves of garlic and 1 green chili.
Heat up a charcoal until active, then place inside the saucepan in a bowl to smoke the sauce. Then pour in the garlic chili butter and cover. Let it stay idle for 10 mins and then use!