Veg Sub Sandwich ,
Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal’s Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website |
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal’s YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Veg Sub Sandwich
The word Sub immediately brings to mind a satiating sandwich, which is almost a meal in its own right. Well, that’s precisely what this Veg Sub Sandwich is. A whole lot of juice veggies, peppy black olives and zesty jalapenos are arranged along with crunchy lettuce and cheese slices on footlong bread that is lined with mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce. The use of mint chutney along wth mayonnaise is also a unique move, which gives this Sub Sandwich an Indian touch, which will surely appeal to your taste buds.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes. Cooking Time: Nil. Makes 4 sub sandwiches.
Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F). Baking Time: 15 minutes.
2 French bread footlongs (12 “each)
4 cheese slices, diagonally cut into halves
1 cup iceberg shredded lettuce
24 tomato slices
24 cucumber slices
1 cup thinly sliced onions
1 cup thinly sliced capsicum
4 tbsp sliced jalapenos
4 tbsp sliced black olives
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
To be mixed into a chilli-mayo spread
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
To be mixed into a mint-mayo spread
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp mint chutney
1. Place a French bread on a clean, dry surface and cut it from the center, so as to make 2 bread halves of 6” each.
2. Repeat step 1 to make 2 more bread halves of 6” each.
3. Slit each bread horizontally using a sharp knife.
4. Place all the 4 breads on a clean dry surface with both the sides open.
5. Place 2 cheese slice halves on the upper side of each bread.
6. Place all the breads on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
7. Place one toasted bread on a clean, dry surface and arrange ¼ cup of lettuce evenly over the lower half of the toasted bread.
8. Place 6 tomato slices, 6 cucumber slices, ¼ cup of onions, ¼ cup of capsicum, 1 tbsp jalapenos, and 1 tbsp black olives over it and sprinkle al little salt and pepper evenly over it.
9. Put ¼ th of the chilli–mayo spread and ¼ th of the mint-mayo spread evenly over it.
10. Sandwich it with the upper side of the tosted French bread and press it lightly.
11. Repeat steps 7 to 10 to make 3 more sub sandwiches.