Vegetable and Basil Soup, a fiber rich recipe….
Recipe Link :
Tarla Dalal’s Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website |
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal’s YouTube Channel |
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram |
Like Facebook |
Get fab food images on Pinterest |
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App |
Get Tarla Dalal Android App |
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus |
Vegetable and Basil Soup
This delightful soup brims with the goodness of veggies, and radiates the pleasant aroma and flavour of basil. While the abundant use of veggies gives the diabetic diner a good dose of fibre, basil lends an aesthetic touch along with its medicinal value. Instead of being used in chopped or dried form, basil is added as a paste in this soup, which makes its presence really noticeable. Apart from having loads of chopped veggies, this soup also uses vegetable stock to get a nice taste and mouth-feel. However, cornflour is totally avoided, so this soup can even be a part of one’s daily meals. With minimal calories and carbs, and high fibre content, this Vegetable and Basil Soup will help diabetics to keep their blood sugar levels under check.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Cooking Time: 11 minutes.
½ cup finely chopped onions
¾ cup finely chopped coloured capsicum (red, yellow and green)
¼ cup finely chopped French beans
¼ cup finely chopped carrot
¼ cup finely chopped cabbage
2 tbsp finely chopped celery (optional)
¼ cup fresh basil leaves
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
4 cups vegetable stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
For the garnish
4 basil leaves
1. Heat the olive oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 10 seconds.
2. Add the onions, coloured capsicum, French beans, carrot, cabbage and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring ocassaionally.
4. Meanwhile, combine the basil leaves along with ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
5. Add the basil mixture and black pepper powder to the soup, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring ocassaionally.
Serve immediately garnished with basil leaves.
Nutritive values per serving
Energy: 48 kcal
Protein: 1.0 gm
Carbohydrates: 5.1 gm
FaT: 3.1 gm
Fibre 1.0 gm
Vitamin A: 347.0 mcg
Vitamin C: 42.3 mg